Tech Center: -Device
-Device is a wireless network that is intended for devices that are incompatible with , such as Amazon Echo, Kindles, gaming consoles, and more. -Device is not intended for use by -compatible devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets, and will not function on the network. A full list of compatible devices can be found here: https://www.isc.upenn.edu/how-to/connectivity-options-penns-residences
Connecting to -Device
Residents of Sansom Place East, Sansom Place West, and Greek Houses can bring eligible devices to the Tech Center for assistance registering them for -Device.
1. On a separate network-connected device, navigate to https://penndevice.aws.cloud.upenn.edu.
2. Click the “Login with ” button and sign in with your username and password.
3. In the appropriate fields, enter the MAC address of your device and a descriptive name for the device, and click the “Register device” button.
4. Once the device has been registered, connect it to the -Device network.
5. Upon connecting, the network password will have to be entered to complete the connection process. The -Device password can be found on the registration page above the list of registered devices labelled as “PSK (password)”. The password is penn1740wifi.
For more information, please see the -Device article: https://www.isc.upenn.edu/how-to/airpennnet-device-wireless-service-registration
NOTE: Devices on -Device usually cannot be paired with devices on . If a capable device incompatible with needs to be paired with a computer incompatible with -Device (such as a Chromecast and a Windows/macOS/Chrome OS computer) they will not function.
For more information, review the FAQ page under Need Help at the bottom-right of the -Device Portal: https://penndevice.aws.cloud.upenn.edu/