Starting Monday, February 15, you can sync your passwords across PennKey, PennO365, and KITE. This means that you will use the same password to log into PennKey, email, calendar and Microsoft Office applications.
To take advantage of this new feature, you will need to reset your PennKey password. The reset process will trigger the password sync across accounts.
Please note that all members of the Penn community are required to sync their passwords by Monday, March 15. This change is part of an initiative to improve how user accounts and information are managed at Penn.
How do I sync my passwords?
- Visit the PennKey password change page at https://weblogin.pennkey.upenn.edu/changeexpiredpassword
- Follow the prompts to complete the PennKey password change process. You may re-use your existing PennKey password or choose a new password.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the password sync to complete across accounts.
- When prompted by your PennO365 apps, enter your new password on your devices (this may take up to a day after completing the password sync).
What should I expect after I sync my passwords?
- You will no longer need to maintain separate passwords for your PennKey and PennO365 accounts.
- Instead, you will use your new password to log into these accounts. Your current user name (your “PennName”) and log-in methods will not change.
- Your PennO365 apps will prompt you to re-enter your new password on your device after the sync becomes mandatory on March 15.
Help and questions
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and 215-898-9720 . For general information on Tech Center resources, please visit the website at techcenter.upenn.edu.